As of Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 11:59 p.m, the City and County of Los Angeles issued the SAFER AT HOME order which mandates certain businesses to close and allows others to remain open. Below is a brief overview of the order. For the complete order, click here. ( Link) https://covid19.ca.gov/img/N-33-20.pdf
YOU CAN …
- Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
- Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
- Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
- Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
- Care or support a friend or family member
- Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others in the community.
- Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
- Help someone to get necessary supplies
YOU SHOULD NOT …
- Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by this Order
- Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
- Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out
- Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility, or other residential care facility
Is this order mandatory? What happens if I don’t comply?
Yes. This is a legally enforceable order. It is against the law to violate this Order, and you may be punished by a fine or imprisonment for doing so.
For complete FAQs on SAFE AT HOME order: https://corona-virus.la/faq