Your Local Water Services During COVID-19
A message from your local water provider:
Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Dear City of El Monte Water Customer:
The health and safety of our customers and employees are always a top priority. With concerns around the COVID-19, we want to assure customers that the quality and supply of your water is not impacted.
The City is committed to providing its customers with safe and reliable water. COVID-19 has no impact on the quality or supply of your tap water. Our water quality staff continuously monitors the water supply throughout the distribution system by collecting daily, weekly, monthly, and annual water samples.
As always, your tap water is available, plentiful and safe. We are here to serve you, and we want to share information with you about how we continue to provide excellent water service.
Steps the City of El Monte is taking:
1. Our water is treated to State and Federal drinking water standards. This ensures safe drinking water for all our customers.
2. We are monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC}, and our state and local departments of public health to help ensure the actions we are taking are in line with the latest CDC recommendations and guidance.
3. As directed by Governor Newsom, we have established working conditions for staff that minimize the potential for spreading illness. Also, as a precautionary measure, we have established mutual aid agreements with surrounding agencies to assist in operations if staff were not able to perform their duties.
The City of El Monte is committed to helping customers experiencing hardships, including those resulting from COVID-19. If in need of assistance, we encourage customers to call us at 626-580-2024.
Steps you can take:
1. You can sign up to pay your bill online from almost anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via your computer. Visit http://elmonteca.gov/446/Water-Bill for more information.
2. While it's always good to stock bottled water at home in case of emergencies that disrupt the water supply, the City does not expect this health outbreak to disrupt water service to our customers.
Our first priority remains keeping our employees and customers safe and well-informed while doing what we can to help minimize potential spread of the coronavirus. We appreciate your understanding and invite you to visit us at http://elmonteca.gov or call us at 626-580-2024 for any further information.