Free Air Conditioning Units to Low Income Seniors
City of El Monte Air Condition Program for Seniors
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and high-temperature heat, the City of El Monte is offering free Air Conditioning units to low-income seniors who reside in El Monte. Those who are eligible may receive one air conditioning unit to help cool your home. Each applicant can only receive one unit per household and the resident is responsible for installation.
- You and the members of your household must reside in the City of El Monte
- Must be 65 years of age and older
- The gross yearly income of your household must meet the guidelines below
- Applicants who currently don’t have an air conditioner and authorize the City of El Monte to provide an inspection
- Complete the Application provided by the City of El Monte.
- With the completed applications, please include:
- Proof of El Monte residency (example: electric bill, water bill, etc.)
- A copy of your last two income stubs (social security, unemployment, etc.)
- The City of El Monte will review submitted applications and provide eligibility status.