City of El Monte Emergency Cooling Center for Residents
The City of El Monte will be opening emergency cooling centers for El Monte residents in the greatest need of relief during this week’s hot weather. Vulnerable populations, such as the elderly or those who do not live in air-conditioned homes, who may need relief from the heat are asked to keep the following in mind when visiting a Center:
Emergency Cooling Centers are free of charge and intended for people who urgently need relief from the heat. All visitors should bring with them and wear a face covering at all times.
Dates and Hours of Operation
Grace T. Black Auditorium
3110 N. Tyler Ave
El Monte, CA 91731
May 7-9, 2020
12:00pm to 6:00pm
Operation & Safety Procedures:
- Staff and visitors will practice social distancing, keeping at least 6ft. away from one another.
- Exception: Members of the same household can be closer than 6 ft. apart to maintain social distancing, staff may limit the number of visitors at any one time.
- Visitors who have COVID-19 symptoms(cough, fever, or difficulty breathing) or are actively following isolation or quarantine orders may not enter.
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water, or effective disinfectants are available to visitors & staff at the location.
- Staff cleans & disinfects surfaces frequently, focusing on high-contact areas.
For more information, please contact the Community & Senior Services Division at (626) 580 -2210